FARMING ADVANTAGES PAGE
Stall Feeding Goat & Sheep Farm :
Stall fed or Zero grazing system?
This is a system where animals are grown in a protected area well maintained & fed in stall with help of cultivated fodders, forages & concentrate feeds inside the farm Stall fed goat & Sheep farming are more appreciable for the following reasons like.
- Stress of animals is very less.
- Animals are grown in hygienic disease free zone.
- Quality of meat can be maintained.
- Animals are protected from heat.
- Variety of fodder seeds collections.
- Close monitoring of animals & record keeping is very easy.
- Tensionless work leads the business successfully.
- Control of contagious & non contagious diseases by proper medical check ups.
- Allows more efficient utilization of forage since there are no losses from falling and trampling.
- Fencing and supply of piped water is dispensed with except at the zero grazing enclosure.
- Conservation of energy is more, conversion of energy from fodder & feeds is quickly converted into flesh & milk.
- There is greater control measure of bloat especially if forages are wilted before feeding to the animals.
- There are reduced chances of animals getting infected with virus & parasites because they do not move about.
- Descripts & non descripts goat& sheep breeds of india.